Monday, June 22, 2009

Fireworks and Flora



It is a bit early for fireworks. I started drawing this art and was thinking of the blooms of agapanthas popping up everywhere when I lived in San Diego. All of a sudden stepping away it was a sky of fireworks.Since a child when we had those (dangerous) sparklers to swing around on July 4th, then watching incredible displays on Independence Day, I have been in awe of the beauty and magic in the sky. What do you think of that lights up your life like magic?

7 comments:

annechovie said...

Love this new piece, Karen! It does look like agapanthus and fireworks at the same time!

Willow Decor said...

I love this piece - I relaly like the movement and color! Its fun!!
xx-Gina

Purple Flowers said...

Love this - it makes me feel so happy to look at it!

Laura Casey Interiors said...

I love this! I have been thinking about July 4th too! My sweet little boys are my magical firecrackers!

Karena said...

This is one of those fun pieces I enjoyed working on one evening with art board on my lap!

Claire said...

Love the fireworks! They also remind me of flowers loose from their stems and floating in the wind -- ready to be wished upon =)

La Petite Gallery said...

speaking of Agapanthus
I can't get them to grow in Maine. More snow on the way YIPES!!!!

Blog Archive